Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Ardell Pro Brow Defining Kit || ORIGINAL vs DARK SWATCHES || #RivetReview

I've recently gotten into brow powders, thinking they might offer a more subtle, and longer lasting brow, but finding the right colour is a pain! My eyebrows are black, cool toned black. Dark brown doesn't cut it, and eyeshadow or eyeliner is usually too strong.


Ardell are known for their lashes, but it was the expansion into the brow domain that got me intrigued to pick these up!

.

Originally, I picked up the Pro Brow Defining Kit for my pro-kit, and it went well during the time I used it on clients, but it was when I started using it for my own brows that I discovered that I like the formula. The kit itself comes with the brow powder compact, a wax pencil, and an angled brush with a spoolie on the other end.

Image Credit: Ardell Lashes

The original kit contains three brow powders and a highlighter. The powders are a blonde taupe, a warm medium brown, and a dark chocolate brown. The darkest of the lot is what I had been using, but despite being slightly on the neutral side in the pan, when applied to my brows, it was RED. A recent shopping trip with my friend found me in Priceline staring at the "Dark" kit. I didn't realize they had rebranded the "all inclusive" brow kit into Medium and Dark.


I decided to purchase the Dark kit when I saw the cool toned black powder. Although it did come with the same chocolate brown and blonde taupe, plus the highlighter, the Priceline store didn't have stock of just the individual brow powder in "Soft Black". I am more than thrilled that this colour matched me perfectly.


Here is how they compare in colour and formula. I have to admit, because I used the original compact on clients, I sanitized it with alcohol after each use. I swatched them using my fingers on bare skin. I'm really not sure how something as neutral toned as the bottom right shade (in both palettes) can go on so warm toned. It's a mystery!

 

I didn't think I wanted to use the wax pencil, because it kind of turns the powder into a pomade, which is what I was trying to avoid, but it did the job to keep my brows in place. I think I would swap it out for a brow gel, though.


The dual ended brush that comes with the kit is an absolute bonus, because it is such a convenient tool to have. I wish they just sold these on their own!

Thoughts?
Overall, I am very pleased with this kit and how affordable it is for how it performs.

Ardell Pro Brow Defining Kit - $19.99AUD is available from Priceline stores.
Have you tried this kit? Let me know what you think!

This product was purchased by myself, my thoughts are honest. For more information, please read my Disclosure Policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment