Friday, March 30, 2018

The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA Surface Hydration Formula || #RivetReview

Deciem have many brands under their umbrella known as 'THE ABNORMAL BEAUTY COMPANY', and The Ordinary was the brand to bring high end clinical formulations into the hands of consumers at budget friendly prices. I mean, BUDGET FRIENDLY.


Our skin needs moisture to maintain optimum health and function. The outer layer cells may be dead, but there's a crucial component to the mix; Natural Moisturizing Factors.

.

NMF + HA Surface Hydration Formula contains the key components to reinforce the surface of the skin, also known as the 'Horny Layer' where dead cells offer first line immune protection. Natural Moisturizing Factors are made up of the following:

+ Amino Acids - the building blocks of proteins
+ Triglycerides - a glycerol backbone with three fatty acid substituents
+ Ceramides - waxy lipids found between skin cells
+ Phospholipids - lipids with a phosphate group found in cell membranes
+ Saccharides - sugars
+ Hyaluronic Acid - a protective matrix that draws in water
+ Urea - aids in the natural exfoliation cycle
+ Sodium PCA - humectant

This formula contains all of the above, including 11 Amino Acids and various Saccharides. It claims to provide immediate hydration with a non-greasy feeling on the skin.

The product looks a bit like chunky cottage cheese, has no fragrance, and applies smoothly to the skin. It comes in a 30mL squeeze tube and is recommended to be used following serums. I use it in the AM after my serum and before sunscreen.

Thoughts?
The first time I used this, I thought, "wow, this looks like cottage cheese, it better not be chunky". I was very surprised when I warmed it up between my fingers and applied it to my face, that it disappeared rather quickly. My skin felt really hydrated afterwards without any shine. The fact that I feel minimal tightness means that this formula works to both plump skin and moisturise skin lacking oils.

Below is the product on the back of my hand and after massaging it in.

Note: The lighting shifted a little when I took the after photo and I didn't edit the colour.

.

Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 30mL - $9.80AUD - Available from Deciem, Priceline and Myer stores.

Have you tried any products from The Ordinary? Let me know what you think!

This product was purchased by myself, my thoughts are honest. For more information, please read my Disclosure Policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment