Friday, November 8, 2019

MICROBLADED BROWS, SANS MICROBLADING || MCo Beauty Tattoo Brow Microblading Ink Pen || #RivetReview

Microbladed brows are still a huge thing in the beauty industry. It offers those with sparse or no brows the natural look of hair strokes via a special tattooing method. Microblading is an expensive service and one I have yet to try, but it remains popular as ever.

Image descirption: MCo Beauty retail packaging for the Tattoo Brow Microblading Ink Pen. The packaging is pastel pink and white, containing a pen shaped product and a close up of the slanted, four pronged applicator printed on the package.

Microfine brow pencils and tattoo liner pens are also on the market, with many brands from high end to drugstore offering that thin hair stroke look for fuller brows, as opposed to completely filling them in and having them look blocky. In this post, I review one I picked up on a grocery shop!

.

MCo Beauty (available at Woolworths stores across Australia) have released the Tattoo Brow Microblading Ink Pen to give Australian beauty lovers an affordable, cruelty free dupe for those on a budget.

The pen comes in three shades, Light Medium (cool blonde), Medium (warm brown), Medium/Dark (dark brown). I of course picked up the darkest one as my brows are practically black and because of the cool undertone, it works out well for me. I don't like dark brown brow products that have copious amounts of red pigment in them.

The formula is liquid, much like an eyeliner pen, except the felt applicator tip is thin and slanted with little prongs coming out. This allows the user to create thin hair strokes in one sweep. Being an eyebrow product, it is not very pigmented, so it offers a very light deposit of colour on the skin per stroke.

Image description: Close up of product used to draw an eyebrow shape on the back of Rivet's hand. The product deposits hair-like strokes of pigment that mimics the microblading technique.

I don't like the shape of my brows as they drag my eyes down, but since having Dysport treatment for my headaches, the side effect is that my brow is lifted, so I'm not frowning, and thus my natural brow sits higher and I can grow the tails back without them looking like they're dropping down.

Image description: Close up of Rivet's right eyebrow without any product in it. The hairs are black with a high arch and some hairs missing from the tail.

I have some bald spots in the tail of my brow that even tinting hasn't helped with (I got a tint about 3 weeks prior to publishing this post), so I do need to fill in that little patch with something, otherwise my brow looks like it is cut off.

Image description: Close up of Rivet's eyebrow after application of the product. The hair-like strokes can be seen towards the inner part of the brow and at the top of the arch, while the tail looks thicker.

Thoughts?

Overall, the product does what it claims, but I find it tricky to get the defined strokes in my actual brows (like when I drew a brow on my hand), I think it kind of gets ruined by all the weird angles I have to draw them in from. The colour is great, the look is natural, and it lasts. The product isn't 100% water or smudge-proof, but if you don't end up sweating and rubbing your brow, it will stay defined all day.

.

The MCo Tattoo Brow Microblading Ink Pen retails for $16.00AUD and is available from Woolworths stores across Australia and mcobeauty.com.

Have you had microblading done or used this/a similar product? Let me know!

This product was purchased by myself, my thoughts are honest. For more information, please read my Disclosure Policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment