Thursday, February 16, 2017

A peek into the Priceline Haircare gift bag!

Spend $49 on selected haircare brands and get a gift bag worth over $260RRP. What was in it?

My purchases - 20% off Brite.

I decided to stock up on more Brite products to maintain my hair colour with Brite Organix products from the whole range being 20% off. The Schwarzkopf Brilliance permanent hair colour in the shade "68 Chocolate Rush" is my Mum's go-to colour.


PURCHASES

.

Brite - Bleach Kit
My go-to hair lightening kit. A gentle formula of bleach. I've had pretty good results. The masque that comes in this kit is pretty good, too.

Brite - Make Me Pastel Mixer
This is a toner and colour mixer in one. I sometimes use toners in my colour mix to get the right variant of blue.

Brite MASQUE - For Stressed Hair - Coffee
I'd love to try this out for my "conditioner washing" technique to get my hair clean without stripping colour.

Brite - Semi Permanent Hair Colour - Purple
This is a new addition to my hair. I have been colouring the underside at the back purple for about 6 weeks or so. It adds depth to my mermaid locks.

 .
 
THE GIFT BAG

Stock image of gift bag. Image Credit: http://www.priceline.com.au

Here is what was in mine!
All the items I have decided to keep.

Batiste - Dry Shampoo - Cheeky Cherry [Travel Size]
Love this fragrance and formula, this will definitely go in my makeup bag!

Batiste - Hold Me Hairspray [Full Size]
I don't really have much use for hairspray, however, it may come in handy.

Brite MASQUE - For Strenghtening Hair - Tea Tree + Mint [Full Size]
I love these masques; I actually use them as part of my "conditioner washing" (co-wash) routine, which is something I'll be posting about in the near future. Could always use deeply nourishing hair treatments for that purpose. CF and Vegan.

Cedel - Dry Shampoo - For Light Hair [Travel Size]
I had attended the media lunch for this product when it launched last year, with the iconic Australian Wonder Woman, Ita Buttrose. It's a very good dry shampoo, and I am glad that such an iconic Australian brand is still manufacturing right here in Australia, after so many decades and generations of people using their hairspray.

CoLab - Sheer & Invisible Dry Shampoo - Tokyo [Travel Size]
A brand I have yet to try, but is Cruelty Free.

Colour Addict - Spray in Hair Chalk - Pink [Full Size]
Another Aussie Owned brand. I don't think I'll ever have use for hair chalk, but there may come a time.

Essano - Argan Oil - Shampoo + Conditioner Duo Pack [Travel/Trial Size]
I actually already have this set from a Christmas gift set. Can't complain about more shampoo!

Marc Anthony - Argan Oil of Morocco - Deep Hydrating Conditioning Treatment [Single Use]
I love this treatment and how thick it is. Probably won't use it for co-wash, but my hair is so fried that I can't NOT use it.

Models Prefer - Smooth & Shine - Big Hair Teaser Pack Combs
 For my inner Scene Kid, or Batcave Goth.

OGX - Healing + Vitamin E Penetrating Oil [Full Size]
A protective, silicone based hair oil. I may have to try it to see if it helps prevent the hair at the nape of my neck from matting up when I leave my hair out. They're hard to comb through.

 Scünci - Value Pack - 4pc Headbands [Full Size]
I can ALWAYS use headbands, ALWAYS.

.

Items I did not keep.

Unfortunately, being a mixed bag, there were many non-cruelty free products (and items that I wouldn't use), so I decided to pass them onto a social worker friend to distribute to a charity for which she volunteers. There were also vouchers for redeeming certain free products (you could choose the colour) and heaps of discount vouchers, but none for anything I could use.

Items I did not keep.

If Schwarzkopf were a CF brand, I'd have kept the Pastel turquoise dye to mix in with my regular dyes. Pro:Voke *may* be cruelty free, I am not sure, however, I do not have blonde hair, so I have no use for violet toning shampoo + conditioner.

My Mum didn't like the colour of the permanent hair dye as it was too violet based for her liking, but she she kept the Pantene items (she's actually used the shampoo line for years).

.

 Did you take advantage of this offer? Let me know!

This offer stands only while stocks last. Be quick! Participating Brands

No comments:

Post a Comment