Monday, August 29, 2016

Beauty Expo Australia - Haul

Beauty Expo Australia is the industry-only trade show for all things salon, spa and clinical aesthetics. I went as an opportunity to write about the experience of my first Beauty Expo for my last story in this round of The Australasian College Student BlogHERE.
HAUL!
I picked up some great deals that I thought I'd like to share with all of you!


Silk Oil of Morocco is an Australian brand sold on TVSN that caters to hair, body and makeup. The gorgeous products are all packed with the highest quality Argan Oil, directly from Morocco. Their hair and body serum has proven a favourite of mine with its passionfruit fragrance and lightweight texture that leaves my hair shiny. Silk had a great deal on their products for the expo, I believe it was around the 40-50% off mark.

* Argan Oil Defining Mascara
* Pure Argan Oil 5mL
* Angled Liner Brush (Vegan)
* 190 Detailer Brush (Vegan)
* 140 Eyeshadow Brush (Vegan)

Lycon, born in Queensland, has the solution to all your waxing and spa needs. We use Lycon at TACB, and during our training, I got to experience the beauty that is the LycoJet wax. This astounded me, a hot wax that works at the same temperature and can be applied as thinly as strip wax, without the strips. Little did I realize, Lydia Jordane, founder and waxing queen, had been at the register the whole time, serving me.

* LycoJet Desert Rose Hot Wax
* LycoPro Baby wax heater inserts x2

Lash & Brow Professional have all your tinting, extension and styling needs for lashes and brows. Gold Coast based.

* Lint Free Tint Applicators

Girlee Cosmetics sells all your professional makeup artist needs such as brushes, disposables and a plethora of colours for custom palettes of eyeshadows (all cosmetics manufactured in the USA). Queensland based.

* Mineral Eyeshadow Sealer x2 (using as a mixing medium for liners, one for me and one for my kit)

Designer Makeup Tools is another vendor that sells makeup artist tools and products. I was really in awe of the road cases available, maybe I should have bought one for when I do my friend's wedding makeup (as her present). Queensland based.

* DMT 106VS-06 Fine Angled Liner Brush (Vegan)
* Stainless Steel Thumb Ring Mixing Palette

Spa Ball
Baanidin is a Thai company specializing in spa and Thai massage products. They have their own line of natural formula massage mediums, face masks and herbal spa balls. Their products are used by the Elyrest Massage and Wellness Spa in Bangkok.

* Baanidin Spa Ball Herbal Compress for Face
Samples
Lastly, I was lucky enough to receive samples (and a full size product) from some vendors.

* ASAP Skin Products Gentle Cleansing Gel with Antioxidants, Anti-Ageing Night Cream with AHAs, Daily Exfoliating Facial Scrub with AHAs. Melbourne based.
* BABOR Biogen Cellular Ultimate Repair Gel-Cream, ReVersive Supreme Glow Anti-Aging Cream. German brand.
* Juliette Armand Elements 03 Cacao Peeling Cream, Elements 03 Hylauronic Acid Serum, Elements 05 Exfo Line Mask. Greek brand.
* ME Love Your Face Cosmetics Shine On Nail Polish "Fire". Sydney based.
* Lash Collection Eyelash & Brow Cleanser for Extension Wearers. South African brand.
I also met Rae Morris and got a photo with her. She is the one to listen to if you want to make it in fashion makeup. Also, she's the most down to earth person ever.

Rae Morris
Trade shows are the best way for industry professionals and brands to connect. From a beauty therapist perspective, I had found many sources of supplies and some great brands to use in treatment. As a beauty editor, I discovered unfamiliar brands and formed professional relationships for future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment